In recognition of January being 'Personal Self-Defense Awareness Month', we would like to share with you a few simple tips to help you stay safe.
- It is best to follow your instincts when you feel something is wrong. If you feel that you are being followed, you need to make sure that you get to somewhere safe or public with people around as soon as you can.
- Use your hands and feet - there are various points on the human body which are very susceptible to pokes, chops, stomps, hits and punches and can incapacitate an attacker.
- When shopping, traveling or going out for a night on the town, one way to help decrease the likelihood of an attack is to always stay in groups of two or more.
- Use a broom or mop as a weapon - you can use a broom or mop handle to trip, fend off, or stab an attacker in the face or groin.
- Use deodorant, hair spray or insect killer spray - Use them as you would use a pepper spray but make sure you target the eyes. A deodorant will do nothing if it is sprayed on any other part of the body other than make your attacker smell good. While the amount of time you get will not be as much as with a real pepper spray, it will be enough to make a quick getaway.
While an alarm will alert you that an intruder is in your home, alarms do nothing to stop intruders.
Alarms work AFTER intruders are inside. An alarm system is your last line of defense against home invasions, not the first.
EZ Armor is the product we recommend for most security and repair applications.
EZ Armor’s new design is even stronger and easier to install! The perfect combination of tough security and easy installation.
Total door security for your jamb, locks and hinges in one easy-to-install package. Installation time: about 30 minutes. Another product without equal from Armor Concepts.
Take advantage of our special Buy ONE Get One HALF Off deal for 48 HOURS ONLY! (sale good through Jan. 12 only!)
Use promo code: ezhalfoff