Look below for details on a special discount!
Beware of Deception Burglaries and Home Improvement Scams
Unfortunately, deception burglaries and home improvement scams are known to occur when the weather gets warmer.
Typically these are criminals who are on the move. They begin working in the southern states and head north during the spring and summer months.
We generally like to relax during the warmer months of the year, but criminals are never on vacation, so take a little time to protect your property and valuables.
The elderly are the most likely targets since they tend to be trusting and very concerned about their property and their neighborhood. Adult relatives of senior citizens should remind them of these possible dangers.
Home Security Tips During Warm Weather Months:
- Keep doors locked at all times. If you are working in the back yard, keep your front door and garage door closed and locked; and lock your back door when you are in the front yard. Always lock your doors when you leave, even if you only plan to be gone for a few minutes.
- During the spring weather, many people open windows or sliding glass doors while they are at home. Always remember to close and lock your windows and sliding doors when you go to bed or leave the house.
- Install motion-activated lights in your front and back yards, so when someone approaches your home, the lights automatically come on, illuminating that person.
- Put all ladders and other tools back into a secure storage area after you use them. Ladders and other tools can be used by criminals to access your home. Always lock any storage unit or shed you have on your property.
- Be aware of home improvement scams. If you did not solicit the contractor or salesman who shows up at your door unannounced, do not do business with that person.
- If a utility representative comes to your house, request identification. True representatives will carry their identification and they will gladly show it to you. Call their company for verification.
- Always remember to roll up your car windows, take any valuables out of your car, and lock your doors every time you exit your vehicle, even if your vehicle is parked in your driveway.
- If you go on vacation, register your home with your local police department.
- Report any suspicious activity to your local police department immediately.
Why Secure Your Doors?
An intruder can be in your home in 10 seconds. More than 85% of all break-ins are through a door.
If you own a gun, will you have enough time to reach it? If you're not at home, will your family be safe?
Only Armor Concepts reinforces all of the weak points of your door - the jamb, the lock area and the hinges. If all of those points are not reinforced, your door is not secure.
We have something to fit every home and budget. Learn more about Armor Concepts now and save an instant 10% by using the coupon code: newsletter10
Connect With Us!
Customer support: 888-582-2295